Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Devil is DUMB!

We started out here last night at this sweet country Baptist church where my father-in-law accepted Christ as his savior as a boy.
They are having a revival this week & we were all ready to attend our second night. All the kids were fed, bathed and in matching outfits-I WAS DOING SO GOOD! AND, we were on time!
THEN THE DEVIL REARED HIS UGLY HEAD as soon as Wy Wy "tripped" and fell out of our party bus-gashing his forehead and road rashing his little sweet face. Luckily, he was the first out so no other unstrapping was needed. We all JUMPED back in the bus and headed for the ER!He screamed all the way there so I held him (along with a diaper on his head to soak up the blood)-SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO. It definitely helped that he had THE CAPTAIN'S hand to hold (as he drove) all the way there. The Captain told the kids Satan didn't want us at church-smart guy.A little super glue & ice cream and he was ALL BETTER! He was more upset about ripping his jeans and missing church than his head!
The blessing of the night was just being together AS A FAMILY. Even if it wasn't a major tragedy, I'm just so thankful that we don't have our kids in TONS of world-pushed activities and we can spend evenings together like this-as it should be.We then turned off all the lights and checked OUR PEEPS! Seems out of 22 eggs-20 have chicks in them-LORD HELP ME!
What on earth am I going to do with 20 chickens. This is the best picture I could get of one of BIT BUTS EGGS-you can distinctly see the veins-little miracles! THE DEVIL AIN'T STOPPIN US TONIGHT! WE'RE GOIN' BACK!
Bold

25 comments:

Shana Jacobs said...

Poor little guy! I am sorry that happened, but I am glad you were able to turn the night around and spend time together.

Barry and Amy said...

Could he be any cuter?! Hope the little guy gets to church in tact tonight! =)

Denise K. said...

Oh I felt so badly seeing his sweet face so sad...and head injuries always bleed a lot, so they are scary! What a beautiful family you have! We want chickens so badly so I will be anxious to see your eggs hatch! :-)

Beth in NC said...

Poor baby. I'm glad he is ok!

Adeye said...

GO BACK friend, kick that nasty enemy in the bee-hind! So glad the accident was not too serious--amazing what ice-cream can do to make things better :)

Heck--what in the world are you going to do with all those chicks? Is life NOT busy enough for you? (don't answer that) :)

Unknown said...

Oh goodness Jenn!

So glad he is ok!

Like you said I'm glad we are not involved in tons of worldly activities either or even too many church things that stop of us from just being together!

Hugs and love - Jill
PS that chicken egg is way too cool! 20 chicks oh my!

Spike N Tuna Jones said...

My goodness! You go back there stompin and a screamin..God has bigger plans!

Jen said...

I was kinda wondering the same thing, what are you going to do with 20 chickens? ;)

I am so glad that your little guys is alright, how scary.

quilt'n-mama said...

Thank God for "super glue" last March daddy had to use some on one of our own's chin. I LOVE the ice cream picture all together along the bar:) Glad you had a wonderful family evening together! We are longing for some of those in life's crazy schedule right now:) Love the egg pictures too! Thanks for sharing! Our "Captillers" are growing like crazy and getting "fat!"
Blessings,
Gayly

junglemama said...

You go girl! Nice that you were able to end the night on a good note.

wife.mom.nurse said...

Oh my! That is aweful. It is so traumatic to EVERYONE to see all of that blood! I am glad he is ok.

I want to see pix of the 20 new familiy members ")

jodilee0123 said...

Nothing ever goes as we plan it, does it? I'm glad everything is okay! And the ice cream sure looks yummy! :o)

creative gal said...

Poor guy! I hope he is better soon!! Love the chickens. Cool to see.

Mama in Uganda said...

Poor little guy. Thanks for having such a beautiful attitdue, "Christ in you, the hope of glory."

Margaret and Cordel said...

So glad your little one is ok!!! Aren't they just so resiliant?

Staci said...

:( poooor baby!! glad hes all better!

Tam said...

OOO what a trooper though! How is he doing today? Glad it was not serious

Unknown said...

I love the one of him holding nick's hand! He's still cute as ever even w/all the scratches and bruises!

trina said...

awww..bless his heart. Hope all is well now. We have that cute sweater..actually we have two of them for my "twins."

Amie said...

poor baby!!!!!!!! OUCH!

So glad he is better...

hugs~
Amie

L2L said...

stopping in from jill's blog. lovely blog, think I'll come by again if ya don't mind.

Cheryl said...

Awww, poor WyWy....I'm so glad he's o.k. That's too cute that he was more worried about his jeans and missing church than about the gash in his head...kids are so resilient! Can't wait to see all the chicks! :o)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

This made me cry, in a good way.

Poor baby!

Those kids are soooo blessed to have you guys as parents.

Amanda said...

I'm glad he is alright! He is so very cute! Almost to pretty to be a boy:)

tiarastantrums said...

poor little guy