Sunday, May 3, 2009

5 Joints I HEART! Our SUNDAY!

Today was a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG Day! We left the house at 9am and went to church-great message on the GLORY of GOD!

Next Stop-1st HEARTED JOINT....

It is for GOOD REASON that Parents Magazine has rated RED ROBIN one of the top 10 kid-friendly restaurants. Here's why WE drive over an hour to get there..
  1. THE WHISKEY RIVER BBQ BURGER-super yum-I split this with Mr. Smearfritz.
  2. BOTTOMLESS FRIES-duh what kid/adult doesn't love fries?
  3. It's SUPER LOUD in there so our "TRIBE" never causes a commotion no matter how loud they scream.
  4. The balloons-keeps our 6 busy the rest of the day!

2nd HEARTED JOINT...

Menards! Why we HEART IT...

  1. Anything you could ever want for your home improvement needs & MORE!
  2. Lots of wife-friendly stuff too-not just guy junk
  3. The "truck" shopping carts that 3 littles can drive and fit in.

During spring-they have LOTS of playground equipment in a GATED area to keep the 6 littles occupied while mom & dad shop.

These 2 could dig in mulch ALL DAY!

New slogan....."SAVE MOMMY'S SANITY AT MENARDS!"

3rd HEARTED JOINT...

All the buildings on our farm. Why I HEART them...

  1. I am ALWAYS finding treasures in them.

I found this BIG old bottle up high on a shelf in one of the buildings on the farm yesterday. It was filthy. When I cleaned it. All I saw was "C 1920". I wonder what it was used for??? Moonshine? Olive oil? Any ideas?

Since we have only lived here 7 years-we have no idea where a lot of THE CAPTAIN'S family treasures came from. Isn't it neat?

4th HEARTED JOINT......

PIER 1. Why I heart this store....

  1. ALWAYS great stuff on clearance.
  2. I found this GREAT pheasant feather wreath for $14. We have pheasant ALL OVER the place here and it made a VERY SMOOTH transition into the cabin.

I decided to hang it over the bed although THE CAPTAIN is in disagreement of this. What do you think?I also found the perfect flowers for my big bottle. LOVE THEM!I had the bottle in about 5 locations. Right now I have it in my command center but I am fearful of breakage so may need to move it.

Would be SICK if one of the littles were to destroy this 1920 treasure!5th HEARTED JOINT....

ANYWHERE with a DOLLAR MENU!!! WHY?

  1. I got 6 of these for $6 need I say more?

8 hours after we left our house this morning we are home.

I hope you had a blessed Sunday too!

I'm wiped & going to bed with so much to be thankful for tonight BESIDES my 5 HEARTED JOINTS!


12 comments:

Carol E. said...

You had a great day!! I love that beautiful jar you found! There wsa something magical about today. I had a great one, too. Hooray!

Barry and Amy said...

I SO wish we had a Menard's around here! How awesome that they are so kid friendly!

Glad you had a great day!

debi9kids said...

LOVE that play area at Menards. I wish i had a place like that here! AWESOME!

Looks like you found some wonderful places to keep the family happy & busy this weekend :)

Sarah said...

Just found your site! Lovin' it, especially your title verse. We are in the process of filling our quiver (by adopting from Ethiopia). Thanks for sharing your heart, your life, and your love of our Jesus.

Blessings from this missionary mommy in Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

THE Stephanie said...

Again... such cute kiddos! And I LOVE what you did with the bottle!

Margaret and Cordel said...

I just love reading about your family! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a big family (my DH, not so much) so I just LOVE reading about all your adventures!!!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Whoa, you are GOOD!

Sonic would have to be on my list.

What time do you speak on the 13th? :)

quilt'n-mama said...

awesome bottle!!! Sounds like a wonderful day as family!
Blessings,
Gayly

junglemama said...

What a great day! We love Red Robin too! When we go out and that is a big when--- 2 out of 3 times we go there!

Tessa said...

I loved reading about all the places you love to go. We do not have a Red Robin or Menard's in our area, but they sound awesome! I also LOVE the treasures you find on your farm ... I would be super thrilled too. I LOVE old houses, so all those old buildings would be an added bonus for me. I didn't realize how big the bottle was until I saw it next to your command center! What a busy day ... looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

What a fun day!

Love the jar and hope it stays there :)

Not crazy about the pheasant thing over the bed either - sorry :(

I posted my hummus recipe in the comments today for you!

Love and hugs,
Jill

Mama in Uganda said...

You are killing me with that picture of the cheese burger, ahhhh! I am not a huge junk food fan, but boy do I crave a juicy burger, crispy fries and a milkshake once in a while. I gladly, though, will give it up to follow my Lord :-)