Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fathers Day Crafting!

I got my inspiration for The Captain's Father's Day present from my friend BEKI.

We got all our supplies from Wal-Mart.

1 hour pictures-$1

Frame-$19

Pack of Scrapbook paper $8

I let go of my "anal retentiveness" for a moment and tried not to stress as I let each of the 6 littles cut and glue-this is a HUGE step for me. I put it together but did not alter even ONE of their creations-I'm proud of me for that!

There was only one hole cut in one pair of pants-pretty good for this tribe.And this is the finished product! I think it turned out FANTASTIC!

We made letters with their home made play dough & then took the pics!

The Good News is, you still have time to make one for your dad!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY-U DA BEST!

21 comments:

Kacey said...

Too stinkin' cute! And congrats on "letting go" for a minute! The end result is perfect!

Adeye said...

What a wonderful idea, friend. I love it.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

So, so cute! Thanks for your comment...I'll have to check out that book!

Created For His Glory said...

Super Cute!!!!!

Unknown said...

That is precious! Great idea!

Love and blessings,
Jill

Shonni said...

That turned out really cute!!!!

Jen said...

I totally LOVE this idea!

Jen said...

I totally LOVE this idea!

THE Stephanie said...

How cute is that??? Great idea!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh that is SOOOO cute!!

They did such a great job! I hear ya on the letting go thing.

Do you know how hard it was for me to let The Baby paint an all red rainbow?! Whew.

Texas Slowpoke said...

So cute!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

what a great idea...and a cute blog. I enjoyed reading your blog tonight....Had some time to do some blog hopping...always enjoy finding new blogs!
Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.

MyLinda said...

How cute, he'll definately love it!

Amy said...

Seriously cool!! Amy

Anonymous said...

that is too cute!!

Andrea said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Love it! That looks great!

creative gal said...

I love that idea!!

Kandis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kandis said...

Clicked over from Beki's blog!! Love your DAD project & that you made the letters yourself! Very creative!!

Mrs Jelly said...

Popped over from Beki's and checking out what everyone else did!
Such a simple idea, but looks really creative!