Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our NEWEST Family Member!

THOUGHT IT WAS A BABY DIDN'T YOU??? HA...FOOLED YOU!
Meet our new son-in-law aka SIL :)It was a simple ceremony at the court house...It came on very quickly.
They are young & in love.
Our new SIL leaves for Iraq in September & I think this played a large part in the urgency to commit their love.He was a trooper today!
Less than 24 hours after the I DO's
He not only met my entire side of the family....
But also got broke in by my mom on one of the family traditions-
Here is OUR NEW FAMILY of 10!
The Oldest-my first born had this memorized as a very young child and tonight I pray this over "my baby" and her new husband.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13

Lord we thank you for our new SIL. We pray that you will remain at the center of this marriage ALWAYS and that you will bless their union. We pray that they will turn to you and back to this verse when there are any signs of trouble. Marriage is hard. The only way through it is with YOU at the center. We pray that they live their lives to please you.

26 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN to your prayer over them!

Congrats to you and your family! They definitely seem joyful as they said I do!

Love and hugs,
Jill

Kelly said...

Congrats. Huge Congrats. God bless them in their marriage til death do them part. Love truly never fails. God's love!

Sarah said...

Rejoicing with you and the heart of a mom to pray over her children with such passion and joy. May His unfailing love rest upon them, even as they put their hope in Him.

Hugs from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

trina said...

They are such a cute couple!! Praying they have a sweet time before he leaves..and returns quickly.

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Congratualtions and Blessings!

Unknown said...

Wow...congratulations! They are a beautiful couple! I will be praying for their marriage...especially their time apart. I can't even imagine!

Adeye said...

That is fantastic news. They look so happy together. How blessed you are to have gained another family member. Isn't God just the BEST???

Congrats, precious friend.

Amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I will be praying for your sweet daughter as she becomes a wife:) And you are you become a MIL:)

Blessings,
Amanda

creative gal said...

Congrats!!

Kristin said...

Congrats! I pray that God will bless their marriage and that they will cling to Him through all that they will face together!

Barry and Amy said...

Congrats! How wonderful! God bless the newlyweds!

Jen said...

Congrats to you and the young couple! I wish them all the best.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations Jen on becoming a mother-in-law! And Blessings to the rest of the family!

The Anglin Family said...

What a beautiful couple! She is a beautiful bride!

MyLinda said...

Congrats to the newlyweds!

Kim said...

Congratulations and amen to your prayer for the joyful newlyweds!
Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Andrea said...

Congrats!!! Prayers for a Christ centered marriage, and safety for him as he leaves for service soon. They are beautiful!

Mary Ellen said...

Congratulations to you all and God bless the newlyweds.

I know I keep saying this, but you have such a beautiful family!

Shana Jacobs said...

Congrats!!!! Amen to your prayer!

I've nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award! Check out my post and do the same for your fellow blogger friends!

Laura Marchant said...

Congratulations! How exciting.

THE Stephanie said...

Wow!! Congrats on the new addition!

quilt'n-mama said...

Beautiful prayer! We wish them the very best and congrats on the addition to your family!
Blessings,
Gayly

John Deere Mom said...

Wow! That's so exciting. She looked beautiful!!

Holly said...

Congratulations to your family! :)

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Congratulations! ♥

Army Strong Girl said...

Beautiful bride, beautiful prayer and beautiful family.
Many prayers for their marriage and for your SIL's deployment. May God watch over him and his new bride. May He keep SIL safe and your daughter strong through his absence.