Thursday, September 2, 2010

Today Started AS...

A normal home school day with the Pledge of Allegiance, the singing of "My Country Tis of Thee" and our daily devotion and prayer.

NOTICE-1 pantless & 2 leotard wearers-LOVE IT!

Then the 7 littles separated out into their grade levels-here are the preschoolers.
I was sitting RIGHT THERE giving insturctions on PATTERNS
While at the same time helping with my kindergartener and the 4th & 6th grader.
STILL..I WAS RIGHT THERE!

I didn't really notice it AT FIRST.
Look at Bit But's COLLAR...

Upon closer examination, I simply asked "did you cut your hair?"

This was his reaction-tears, apology and guilt!
I thank God I don't have to miss these teaching opportunities of truth telling and forgiveness. I thank God I AM THEIR TEACHER and I-ONLY I get to smile and relish in every little experience-experiences that are priceless and time I will never get back. It's times like this when I am proud to be ONE OF THEM THERE CRAZY HOME SCHOOLIN MAMAS!

"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deutoronomy 11:18-19

And its not the FIRST OR LAST time one of the 7 littles will take their "HAIR FASHION" into their own hands!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Maria Trochelman said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog. You have such an amazing story!!!

PS-Bless his heart! He looked soo upset over the hair-cutting incident! :)

Unknown said...

Awww! I'm so happy to see you homeschooling your precious little ones. Wish more mamas got this priceless opportunity.