Monday, September 28, 2009

WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT!

September 20th was a LOT OF FUN! The Captain & I got on our Harley and headed to Kansas City for the 2009 March of Dimes BIKERS FOR BABIES ride.

Do you recognize this guy? He's an 80's ROCKER so if you listened to TWISTED SISTER you will know Dee Snider as the lead singer. He is the national spokesperson for Bikers for Babies. Bikers For Babies raises money for pre-mature babies and all the medical costs concurred with their stays in the NICU.It was my BBB's (best biker babes) birthday that day and a glorious day to ride for a wonderful cause. Over 7,000 bikes rode this year. It was SO DARN COOL!
As we were waiting in line to follow Dee Snider as he led the 115 mile journey. We got behind this guy. SEE HIS SHIRT? I asked him if that was his baby. Through tears he said "Yep, I just got the shirt printed yesterday." I said "What's his name?" He said "Henry." I said "How old is he?" He said " He was born at 24 weeks gestation and is now 4 weeks old/ 28 weeks gestation." He took time out to join & ride for his baby. It's real story's like Henry's that made it all worth while.All along the route, many people were on the side of the road holding thank you signs. Many also had their now older preemies on hand. I was teary every time I saw little ones on the side of the highways.
They were on bridges, over passes, EVERYWHERE holding up their healed babies and lots of signs. It was a BEAUTIFUL SIGHT of bikers coming together for these babies. You can't read these signs held up at this small town church but they say "GOD LOVES BIKERS", "RIDE WITH GOD", and "BIKERS ROCK!"
We witnessed so much of God's beautiful scenery. And at the end of it ALL, After over $660,000 raised...
WE DID GET TO HEAR...
WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT, NO, WE AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT, WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!
A LIVE PERFORMANCE!
His voice sounded even better than in the 80's!
"Let the little children come to me, do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these" Mark 10:14

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love it! How very cool is that?! ;o) Dee Snyder is too cool! ;o) Now I have the song stuck in my head...lol

Tam said...

DEE SNYDER! OMG! YOU go GIRL!

quilt'n-mama said...

THANK YOU and I am so glad you had a great time. @ of our little ones are NICU grads and I'm sure had our youngest been born in a hospital here in the States, he would have spent his fair share of time there as well!
Blessings!
Gayly