Wednesday, October 6, 2010

She's CRAF..TAY!

I don't know what on earth has gotten into me...

Possibly the fact that my boys room has had only beds and a dresser in it for YEARS..

And possibly the fact that THE CAPTAIN has been demoted by BABY BAKERS and his office will now be her bedroom..
 so THEREFORE the toy room will now be THE CAPTAINS OFFICE. MAKE SENSE?
After the Toy room revamp this past weekend..
We DONATED SIX TRASHBAGS OF TOYS


On to the CRAF.TAY.NESS..
Here is the inspiration.
I let the boys each pick out ONE ANIMAL from their bedding.
Bit But picked the bear, WyWy the bunny..

I got some blank canvases ($7.99 for 2), and some paint ($5.00).

I drew the bunny..

And the bear both in pencil on the canvas.

Painted a base coat over them so I could still see the pencil out line.

Let the topcoat dry during lunch..

Painted the details after lunch..

AND VOILA-2 Happy Boys!!!!

Oh, and instead of throwing this OL THANG (also from the toy room) out in the garbage


I TRANSFORMED IT INTO THIS
with the leftover paint!!!
Price=FREE!
PERFECT reminder for 2 brothers sharing a room!

I LOVE how everything turned out that I made today.
WHEW, I'm tired but BOY their room looks better! 
This just proves that if I can make stuff, anyone can!

SHE'S CRAF..TAY!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

bearhugs2u said...

Love it, Love it, Love it!! Looks FINE!!

Jen said...

I LOVE it!!! TOO CUTE!!!

Ashley said...

Wow- you are so creative! Looks great!