Saturday, November 22, 2008

LOVE DARE....Simple things

I love my husband so much. We are on day 4 of "The Love Dare". For those of you who don't know, it's a 40 day marriage challenge/Bible study that is featured in the movie FIREPROOF. So, me being a night owl and Nick an early bird, I left him a note on his coffee cup last night and even set the coffee maker to start at his normal wake up time 6am. It simply says "Good Morning, I love you." As I rolled out of bed at 8am I found the note on my cup reading "BACK AT CHU!" How SWEET is that?

It is truly the simple things that make you feel loved. Easy, free things to remind those we truly love that we care about them.

Love truly IS a decision and marriage takes work-HARD WORK.

I always miss Nick when he leaves for his 7 days at work. He leaves in an hour. I already feel I will miss him EVEN MORE this week while he is gone. Thank you God for giving us a new appreciation of each other and our marriage.

3 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Hubby and I are also doing the Love Dare right now. We got a little behind because he worked alot of overtime in the last two weeks and we really missed it!

BTW- tagged you for some blog fun at my mama blog- www.multitaskingmama.com
Happy Saturay!

Kelly said...

Wow! You guys are so amazing! I love looking at your blog..at your children..now at your marriage! You all are an insperation!

Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog. The prayers are certainly working because I feel SO much better today. My heart feels peaceful and I have been sending my girl sweet kisses, without the tears attached today! Praise God! Liberty taught us so much..and because of her we are very open to adopting precious children to give them a forever home! How and when did you and your hubby decide to adopt??

I pray you are having a good day and I will be praying double time while your hubby is away! I don't know how you manage to do it all on your own while he is gone! You are an angel!

God bless you all!
Kelly

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Our small-group from church is going to do the Love Dare beginning in January. We still haven't seen the movie, but I pre-ordered our DVD the other day.