Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Healthy Chocolate...4 real! UPDATE!

Sounds like an OXYMORON I KNOW!

It's called XOCAI-(pronounced SHO-SY) and THE CAPTAIN and I are starting on it today (actually he'll start Fri. when he flies in). You eat 3 pieces of chocolate a day and before you know it you're as healthy as a horse! Sounds tough huh? Feel sorry for me yet?

My friend J who has adopted a sibling to 3 of my kids down in the south told me about this new product a couple weeks ago while we were chatting. She had run into a friend she hadn't seen in a while and was in AWE at her weight loss. She shared with J that she had been eating "HEALTHY CHOCOLATE." I will admit, I thought it was a JOKE!

J is a super smart gal-you can't pull the wool over her eyes. She offered to send The Captain and I some samples. She also shared that her hubby has lost 10.5 pounds in a six weeks & her energy level increased within a week of starting this healthy chocolate. WHO COULDN'T USE WEIGHT LOSS AND MORE ENERGY?The Captain and I took our samples and were convinced we wanted to give it a try. We got our box in the mail today-a months supply for each of us. The ingredients??? Unsweetened Raw Chocolate, ACAI and blueberries. It's even okay for diabetic people to take.

The health benefits???
  • Neutralizes free radicals in the body
  • Curbs appetite, promoting weight loss
  • Stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure
  • Raises serotonin and dopamine levels which acts as an anti-depressant
  • Acts as an anti-inflammatory
  • Decreases blood pressure
  • Lowers cholesterol levels
  • Soothes the nervous system
  • Stops the insulin resistance that leads to diabetes

Some people have been able to stop taking their allergy meds (like Claritin and allergy shots) because after eating the chocolate, they no longer had allergy issue-I'm hoping for this!

I will keep you all updated on everything going on as I journal about our new HEALTHY CHOCOLATE! Go ahead...GOOGLE IT! I did and didn't find anything bad or unhealthy at all.

I mean if I can have YET ANOTHER EXCUSE TO EAT CHOCOLATE...LIKE DUH?? WHY NOT?

UPDATE-IT IS SAFE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN & YOU CAN ONLY BUY IT THROUGH A DISTRIBUTOR-not at ANY health food store!

8 comments:

Barry and Amy said...

That sounds AWESOME! Let us know how it works.

No Greater Gift Mom said...

Now that's my kind of chocolate. You better believe I'll be giving it a try. Let us know how you feel.
I called you Friday (I think). The Captain said you were out. We'll catch up soon.
In Him,
E

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great. I'm going to look for some at my health food store next time I go.

Jamie said...

Sounds awesome! Is it safe for pregnant/nursing ladies too? I'd love to drop the weight faster this time around. I've always wanted to try Acai too.

Rachie317 said...

How do you find a distributor???

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Wow! This sounds too good to be true - I want some!!

I'm going to keep reading your blog to see how it turns out for you and your husband!

Found your blog while hopping from a Wordful Wednesday blog post!

s

Spike N Tuna Jones said...

oh my goodnessssss.... I can not wait to tell my husband!!! Me, the chocoholic feen will do this anyday!

Cheryl said...

That stuff sounds miraculous! How do you find a distributor?