Sunday, August 22, 2010

She's been awarded THE QUEEN OF....

COLIC!!

I've tried EVERYTHING! Swaddling, swaying, walking, swinging, bouncy seating, hugging, kissing, singing, bathing, showering, lotioning, GRIPE WATERING, and everything under the dad blamed sun!

But it NEVER FAILS, each evening from around 5pm until 10 or 11pm my little Bakers just cries and cries. I feel so sorry for her.

I have found ONE THING about 3 nights ago that works....STROLLERING!

THANK THE LORD we have a LOOOOONG driveway.  Last night I took her on a 2 mile walk-she did GREAT! BUT the kids wanted to stay out and play and You can.not.stop.the.stroller without WAILING BEING IMMEDIETE!

That's when the kids began fighting over who can push her.

So up and down the driveway we went for over an hour and she slept and slept.
THERFORE BEING DECLARED
THE QUEEN OF COLIC!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, she is changing so much. I will be praying her stay as the queen of colic is short lived:)
Sara

Jen said...

She misses me... that's the problem- no 5 hour colic time while I was in town-lol!!!

Hugs!!!

Ana-Lou said...

Hang in there sweet love! This to shall pass. And now that you found something to ease the colic. Pray over her continuously during that time. May the Lord Continue to Keep all of you during this season as we get to pray with and over you also!

Love Ya SISTA!

The Anglin Family said...

Aww I hope she gets over it soon. My oldest screamed all the time. Bless her heart! She's getting so big!!! Soo cute.

Lena said...

Have you tried adding pro-biotic into her formula? I have heard it works wonders :)

-Special Mothertivity- said...

http://www.herbsfirst.com/descriptionsformulas/kidecol.html

Kid-e-col... saved me with all three of my colicy kids. You can find it at health food stores or online. Its also great for teething so if you have some after her colic lets up, you'll have it for the cutting of the teeth!

Christina said...

Genna was the same way--we found that she had reflux and Prevacid helped A LOT, but she didn't fully outgrow her fussiness until she was about 4 months old. At least you've found SOMETHING that works :).

quilt'n-mama said...

Your little queen is growing so quickly! Sorry about the colic, how I remember those days! I'll be praying for you! I could use some good 2 mile walks right now though!
What a precious girl you have!
Blessings,
gayly

Laura Marchant said...

Oh my goodness you are going to be in tip top shape with all that walking!