Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Little Stumbling Block. Prayers Please.

I Wrote this yesterday on The Captains Birthday....

Today is my Best Friends Birthday. Truly the Love of my life. I prayed for him for years before God decided it was time to gift me with him.

It's been a rough #53 for him. But he is the toughest guy I know. He can drive a Harley, an RV, a Combine, A Tractor, fly an Airplane and fix anything broken. He's a primo God Fearing Father and Husband to our 8 amazing kids. He's strong, handsome and doesn't know how to do anything 1/2 way. He's ALL IN when he does anything.

I love holding hands with him. I love it when he puts his arm around me at church. He lets me know that he adores me. He takes complete care of me, our kids, our home, our farm and tells me to treat everything we own like it's the ONLY one we will ever have. He appreciates everything he has. He loves the beach (if you didn't know).

He's a VERY PRIVATE PERSON but has allowed me to share with you all that we are in a bit of a need for prayer. Nick had thyroid cancer many years ago. We found out last week that it was back in the thyroid area as well as a lymph node in his neck. They wanted to do surgery right away. So he had a bilateral thyroidectomy yesterday. You can see by the picture that it is a very large incision. He didn't want to tell anyone because we thought it was going to be a tiny outpatient procedure....

When we met with the surgeon yesterday before surgery he told us that only one lymph node as well as two spots where the previous cancer was, had been tested via fine needle biopsy and all had come back positive but some other lymph nodes just like the one tested also looked cancerous. We "THOUGHT" that only only lymph node and the 2 spots where it was before was all the cancer there was but I guess they just didn't test the other suspicious areas. He's been getting scans and tests for months now but nothing ever showed up on them.

All in all they ended up removing a lot of metastatic lesions from the left side of his neck, a few from the right, a tumor where the previous thyroid cancer was and this is the MIRACULOUS PART.... As Nick's parent's and I got the final report from the surgeon. He explained how Nick had only one working vocal chord (the other was paralyzed during his previous surgery) and how he also found a lesion embedded in the nerve/vocal chord. He said "I stopped and said a prayer before I moved on" He went on to explain that had he nicked that chord and with the other one no longer working, Nick would have had to breathe through a trach for the rest of his life. We were surprised to learn that without at least one vocal chord in tact, you can't breathe without help.

We praise the LORD and are all grateful for a surgeon that loves the Lord and asked for His Divine guidance.

We spent the night in Topeka last night after the surgery and now Nick is home resting comfortably. We go back Thursday to get his drain removed. We are SO BLESSED not to have to RUSH back to work but that we can both be here together, with the kids healing. Thank you #ItWORKS for helping us OWN OUR TIME. It's so nice to not have to report back to work. THIS is truly OWNING YOUR TIME.

The next step is for Nick to heal and wait. MOST of the time thyroid cancer is NICE and stays in the neck. Sometimes it can spread to lungs/sternum area so when he is healed he will have a PET SCAN which will make sure he is all clear in the rest of his body. He will also have some form of radiation, we are just not sure exactly what yet.

I wanted to share this because I have so many people that I know will pray for us and I believe that the power of prayer from our facebook and BLOG family can totally heal Nick. Thank you all in advance for the prayers.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE! We go UP FROM HERE!! He even got a special birthday message from Dr. FEELGOOD~More on that LATER!!
 

His friend Denny, brought a DQ ice cream cake by so we did a little celebrating!
Thank you LORD for the gift of this incredible husband and Daddy.

No comments: